Forward Wayne County is an initiative to help better align community resources to foster economic vitality and promote prosperity. As you might imagine, this involves a number of moving parts … and a number of issues related to Employability and Educational Attainment. As many of you know Forward Wayne County is leading the effort to create an Workforce Working Group that is focused on upskilling our current workforce (Employability) and developing our future workforce (Educational Attainment) which is vital to Wayne County’s ability to reach our Big Indicators of Success by 2025.
The first step of creating the Workforce Working Group is to conduct an environmental scan to establish current state and set benchmarks. Part of the current state process, we will be conducting a few Appreciative Inquiry (focus group) sessions. These will help us better understand the needs of people; ages 18 – 24 and 25 – 34 who have not taken advantage of any form of workforce development training (i.e. certification, upskilling, college, and licensing).
In September we met with the Superintendents of each school and brought together the schools, employers and key stakeholders to create the focus group questions. We are now circling back to ask for help in identifying possible focus group candidates.
How will these sessions information will be used:
* Determine if current programs meet needs
* Marketing and outreach of programs
* Create support systems for current programs
* Development of new programs
* Other possible impacts: Enhance Junior Achievement, improve breakout sessions for High School Job Fairs, and share directly with employers
Appreciative Inquiry Session Details:
* 3 Sessions will be held
* 10/26 from 1:00p to 3:00p in Hagerstown
* 10/28 from 5:30p to 7:30p in Cambridge City
* 10/29 from 5:30p to 7:30p in Richmond
* Participants will receive a $50 Gift Card for attending
Click HERE for details and to sign up!
Richmond Parks and Recreation Covid-19 Response
Richmond Parks and Recreation Department to Host Public Workshop to Gain Input on the City’s Parks
Richmond Parks vs Illegal Dumping
Meltdown Is Coming! (press release)
Celebrating National Tourism Week
RAM Students Exhibit at Reid Hospital
Celebrating Black History Month In Wayne County IN
New Exhibit at Reid Health Features Local Photographer Mark Pearson