The fashions will cover decades from the early 1800’s up through more “modern” fashions of the 1970’s. They will include both women’s and men’s fashions as well as children. Amateurs and professional reenactors will model the clothes, with a possible surprise guest of notoriety making a visit from another century.
Displays will cover original fashions, too fragile to be worn from the earlier 19th century, as well as tables of accessories—hats, purses, shoes, etc.
Included in this fashion show, to be held at the Lingle Auditorium at Reid Hospital, will be a tea with finger foods. Tickets will be sold at festivals and various locations through September 12th, including :
- Across The Street Antiques
- Main Street Antiques Unique
- Hagerstown Museum and Arts Place
- Clay Township Museum
- Wayne County Historical Museum
- Wayne County Tourism
Tickets can be purchased from a committee member as well. Cost will be 10.00/adult and 7.00/child and includes refreshments. Tickets must be purchased by September 12, 2010. Contact Carolyn LeFevre at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 765-489-5429 for more information. Other committee members to contact for tickets are:
- Karole Passmore: Karole@GoWayneCounty.com
- Rachel Hughes email@example.com
- Sue King firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Lou Griffey email@example.com
- Mary Anne Butters firstname.lastname@example.org
Come celebrate the rich history of Wayne County while strolling down memory lane at the Bicentennial Fashion Show and Tea.